Now that the New Year has officially kicked in. It’s time to talk about something more real. So I came up with 5 ways to be real in this real life. Are you ready? Let’s go!
- Make sarcastic remarks. After making sarcastic remarks, make sure the other party takes offends to what you just said so that you know that they are upset and you have been a complete troll.
- Continue to look for recognition or instant gratification. Like how many likes do you have on your instagram and how many likes you have on facebook.
- Then go about your daily life looking and searching for praise and compliments from people who do not matter just to know that you exist so we wear those outfits and accessories that don’t make you feel comfortable like those 4 inch heels and that fake eye-lashes that you don’t like.
- Then, go out to spend the money that you don’t have on things you don’t need, to please people you don’t know so as to know that you are real, and that we all exist and we are not imaginary or fictional.
Society is hard enough
- Last but not least, cry, yes cry. And I don’t mean cry for attention or wail like a baby when you are hangry. But cry, when you need to, when you want to. Don’t hide these emotions, your fears, your worries and when you are feeling overwhelmed and you need a moment to yourself to have a good cry. So do it. Because we are all Humans and we all have these moments to want to feel real. So cry. You owe it to yourself. Society is hard enough, telling you, you have to have this, buy this, do this, like that, and eat that or drink that. We are only humans and fuck what society has to say. Have empathy, don’t be mean to people for no reasons because guess what everyone has their own shit to deal with and we are all just trying to live. So what if you have no likes, wouldn’t it be sadder that when WIFI shuts down, and there is no one there for you to call?
Don’t hide these emotions, your fears, your worries and when you are feeling overwhelmed and you need a moment to yourself to have a good cry. So do it.
I’ll tell you right now that you are real. You are more real than you think. You are realer than real than what your instagram or social media says. You are real.
(Yes, realer is a word. TOTS.)
Good Luck xx